A light-hearted book about books and the people who write them for all lovers of literature.
Do you know:
- Which famous author died of caffeine poisoning?
- Why Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland was banned in China?
- Who was the first British writer to win the Nobel Prize in Literature?
- What superstitions Truman Capote kept whenever he wrote?
- Who the other Winston Churchill was?
A treasure trove of compelling facts, riveting anecdotes, and extraordinary characters, For the Love of Books is a book about books - and the inside stories about the people who write them. Learn how books evolved, what lies behind some of the greatest tales ever told, and who’s really who in the world of fiction.
From banned books to famous feuding authors, from literary felons to rejected masterpieces, from tips for aspiring writers to stand-out book lists for readers to catch up on, For the Love of Books is a celebration of the written word and an absolute page-turner for any book lover.
Read all about it!